THIS ARCHIVED SITE IS NO LONGER UPDATED. Get the latest City of Lakewood information at the new

Skip to main content

Helpful Forms and Handouts

Permit Counter


These forms and handouts are used for various land development processes in the City of Lakewood. Whether it is building a fence or other new structure, subdividing your property or rezoning property for a new use, the forms below will help get you through the process.

Contact the Planner of the Day to discuss your project. For larger projects, waivers, or variances, you will need to meet with staff before you submit an application.

Forms for those seeking to start the development process


Fence Permit Application     Used for all new fences and repair of old fences
Sign Permit Application Used for all new signs, installation of any sign, face change, or banner.
Preplanning Application Used for major development proposals to see what is needed
Rezoning Property Form Supplemental Info for Rezoning requests
Land Development Application Used after the Preplanning for a formal development case
Subdivision Application Used after the Preplanning for a formal subdivision case
Variance Application Used for relief of zoning standards due to extraordinary or exceptional conditions
Waiver Application Used for relief of zoning standards due to superior design


Forms for a Zoning Review


Accessory Dwelling Unit Used for supplemental standards for adding a "Mother-in-Law" type unit to a property.


Sign Plan

Used for large developments with a creative sign program
Group Home A supplemental form used in the review of group homes
Large Accessory Structure Used for adding  a large accessory structure
Nonconforming Use Used to document existing land uses not allowed in zone district
Small Animal Permit Used to obtain a permit for chickens(hens), ducks, dwarf goats, and apiaries (bees)
Short-Term Temporary Use Used for short-term special events
Wireless Facility Used for supplemental review of wireless antenna replacement, addition to existing structure, or stealth facilities


Handouts for those in the development process

Accessory Dwelling Unit Handout
Build to Zone Requirement Handout
Detached Accessory Structure Handout
Detached Large Accessory Structure Handout
Single-Family/Duplex Permit Requirements
Single-Family/Duplex Sample Plot Plan
Landscape Collateral Sheet
Landscape Collateral Sheet for Solterra
Final Site Plan Checklist

Handouts for Urban Agriculture

Chickens (Hens)
Apiaries (Bees)
Dwarf Goats

Handouts for Recommended Plants, Trees, and Shrubs

Ground Cover Plants
Native Shrubs
Xeric Ground Cover Plants
Xeric Trees and Shrubs

Please see Section for information on nuisance trees

Contact Information:

Planner of the Day
Direct: 303-987-7571 | Email:

Quick Links

view all


view all
How do I find the zoning of a property?
Do I need a permit for a shed?
Do I need a temporary banner permit?
May I submit my sign application online?


view all